Monday, January 18, 2010

The Beginning...

Cultivating Critical Thinkers. This idea has been rumbling around in my head for a long time. And, now I am creating a blog in a very spontaneous move to bring my thoughts to life.

Here is a quote that will help set the stage...

"I have never let my schooling get in the way of my education." ~Mark Twain

Perry and I have been blessed by many people along the way who have challenged us to be critical thinkers. We have made that a mission to pass that on to our kids, and consequently we do many things with our children that other people do not do with theirs. I am wanting to inspire other people in the world to something that is out of the ordinary for most people - especially Americans.

Think for yourselves. You may be surprised what happens.

Until next time,
~Erin

2 comments:

  1. Im not sure if this applies here or not, but this post reminded me of a Robert Frost quote I have read before- its actually taken from a rather lengthy poem entitled "The Black Cottage"

    "For, dear me, why abandon a belief
    Merely because it ceases to be true.
    Cling to it long enough, and not a doubt
    It will turn true again, for so it goes.
    Most of the change we think we see in life
    Is due to truths being in and out of favour."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember when encyclopedias used to cost ($100s) money? REALLY! Salesmen use to go door to door selling encyclopedias to families with school age children. Today, all the information contained in a set of 26 or so volumes can be accessed by the push of a button through the internet for FREE! What a country?

    ReplyDelete